Monday, January 1, 2007

The baby is upon us!

We went to the doctor the other day and confirmed our C-section date of January 16th. As long as I can make it that long, our newest addition to the family will arrive on that day! Only 15 more days left!!! I'm certain Tim has a countdown in his office because he's probably sick of my complaining! He has a feeling I will go into labor before then, since the actual due date is only 3 days after our scheduled C-section. We'll see. That would be pretty scary if I went into labor......not sure how it will feel since I was induced with Sophie and although I felt contractions, I didn't for long thanks to handy dandy drugs.....

I continue to have conversations with Sophie about the baby and his arrival. She tells me she will help me with the baby and take good care of him, including walking him in her princess stroller. Basically, the best way for us to get her into wearing any clothing or sitting in her stroller/cart is to tell her it's a princess jacket/shirt/pants/shoes/stroller/cart/dinner/snack....you get the picture. I know we're stepping into serious doo doo letting her think she's a princess. Let's hope it doesn't go to her head like it did her mommy!!!

Later this evening, while Tim was changing her into her pajamas, I heard her telling him a baby is coming to visit. Very exciting stuff happening in our family.....make sure to keep us in your thoughts in the next couple of weeks as much will change for our family and there will be even more to write about!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course I love reading your posts, and there is never cause to worry about Princess Sophie.. she is of royal blood right? I am thinking of you always and keep me posted on your new addition, I will think of you on the 16th if you make it that long!