Saturday, January 6, 2007
The cactus pillows
Tim and I had to wash everything in sight awhile ago when everyone was sick, including our down pillows. Now, I basically feel like I'm being stabbed in the face with mini knives because all the feathers are sticking out. We have very old down pillows and I think Tim's pillows literally date back to the early 80's. They even look like they do. So, I made the executive decision to purchase new pillows and they should arrive in the next couple of days. I was planning on just putting the new pillows on the bed and disposing of the old ones without Tim even knowing. Tim asks what I bought from Eddie Bauer online and I gave in and told him I bought new pillows and I was confident he would like them. Seeing his reaction, I honestly felt like I just told Bert to say good-bye to Ernie forever. He was pretty distraught and after some thinking, he let me know we need to have a proper ceremony to say good-bye to his pillows. Now, immediately I'm thinking about Rudy Huxtable and her goldfish wondering what he meant by "ceremony." I'm hoping by the time the pillows arrive, he will have processed this idea and will be able to part with them without some horrible struggle. Keep you fingers crossed....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the fact that you referenced Rudy Huxtable.. and that I know the exact episode!
Cheryl, all I can say is "good luck with that!". I hate to be the bearer (did I spell that right?)of bad tidings but you and I both know that Tim is more like his father every day. As I was reading this message I had visions of the day I stole Michael's beloved pillow from his childhood, "Rocky". Michael and I discussed, many times during our 33 year marriage, that it was time to "put Rocky down". You might ask how Rocky got his name. After all, aren't pillows supposed to be soft? Well...Rocky had been washed so many times that his feathers broke down and clumped together to the point it was...well...rocky. I purchased no fewer than 11 different pillows to replace the disgusting sack of pellets but he kept going back to Rocky. Finally, I hid the darned thing. It worked...sort of. He replaced Rocky with 3 pillows. Believe me, you are better off letting him keep it even if it is near death.
Post a Comment