I have been left with all child-rearing duties since Tim has fell victim to a nasty cold. Now, as I am writing this, this is the third official day Tim is claiming he is unable to do anything. As sympathetic as I am, which I admit is not much, I'm ready to kick him out of bed and tell him to sweat it out. Three days in bed? What? I barely had three days in bed with major abdominal surgery! I'm still unable to walk like a normal human being because of the pain, but I have managed to find enough energy to make sure two kids survive through the day. Now, I know I suffered this same cold a few weeks back but was also 8 1/2 months pregnant and ready to pop. Unfortunately, my being pregnant and sick wasn't good enough reason for me to stay in bed one full day, so I had to tough it out because Tim had to work. So, I ask him to pretend this was the championship game and he had to play. His response utterly floored me. Never in my life did I think I married the teammate who claimed sick on the day of the championship, but after hearing his response, I had to sit down and evaluate what I had just heard. Tim revealed to me if this was the national championsip game and he was a key player, he WOULD NOT play. I'm seriously reconsidering our relationship at this point. Who the heck sits out??? And let's hope he didn't pass this trait on to our children, because they WILL be toughing it out and playing!!!
Anyway, I am going to find my best positive attitude (which is nearly non-existent with all this exhaustion) and find a way to get through another day on my own! If I weren't in so much pain from the surgery, I know I'd be fine. But carrying around a two-year-old and taking care of a newborn has taken it's toll on my endurance! Girl needs time to heal!
Here's to another adventurous day!
1 comment:
I wish I lived closer, I would come over and help!! Your family is beautiful, love the pics.
Post a Comment