Saturday, November 24, 2007

Mission: Accomplished!

Black Friday was quite a success for us. I honestly did not get much sleep the night before because I was pretty excited and anxious! That and trying to go to bed at 9pm just doesn't work for me. We hit several stores and even decided to battle Toys R Us this year. Excluding this visit, the rest of the morning went really smooth! First, my sister threw a mini tantrum because Tim and I made her wait in line at Toys R Us with no cart and about 5 huge boxes to take care of....two to hold and the rest to kick with her feet as the line moved forward. All this while Tim and I were running around grabbing things and trying to figure out the lines, since the checkout lines seemed to wrap around the whole store. After Michelle stood in line for what felt like forever (to her anyway, in real time it was only about 10 minutes, if that!), Tim finds out she is in the wrong line. Apparently, there is a line specifically for electronics and then another for checking out all other items. It was such chaos in the store. Clerks were yelling all the things they already sold out of. I was scolded because I apparently crossed some invisible out of bounds line? Some of the employees were so overwhelmed by nagging shoppers, I heard one of them say, "You know what lady, I have no idea what line this is."

Needless to say, we might keep this store off the list for next year unless they have something major. And thankfully, Michelle bounced back quickly and forgave us. I was about ready to kick her out of the car when she asked me for Advil after the first store! Luckily for me, she's a pro and the rest of morning was a terrific success!

Here's Tim checking out the sales for the following morning. Does he not know Comp USA is NOT on our list?

4 comments:

caxline said...

You are a champ...I can't believe you hit toys r us. I was way too scared to even drive by!

OSU 98 said...

Dear old dad needs some toys too!

Alexis said...

You really are a champ. I think I'm with Michelle. Next time she should take her advil before heading out to the stores. It's great she was there to hold your spot in line.

The Scotts said...

I drove by the line at Toys R Us, and did a detour. You are a trooper!