Ok, so maybe I am a little crazy for participating in what is known as "Black Friday." I remember the first time I woke up at 4 am to catch some doorbusters. Of course, I was ill-prepared because I thought the whole idea was silly and I was even a little embarrassed about taking part. We reluctantly went with my sister and some friends and, naturally, I was too cool to do such a thing. That was until I experienced some weird shopping euphoria from all the frenzy! Come to find out, if you decide to participate in this sporting event (and it is a sporting event), it is essential you are equipped with a solid plan, back-up plan, exit strategies, and most definitely make sure your teammates are fully aware of their role (you are only as strong as your weakest link, people).
Granted, I didn't become such a huge fan of waking up at 4 am until I actually became a parent and was often wide awake to see this hour on the clock. Now, the idea of going shopping this early is not such a big deal....especially when I can score some serious bargains. However, I really need to learn to shop more for others rather than myself!!
Now I must turn in and mentally prepare for tomorrow morning's event. Happy shopping!
3 comments:
Good luck- I am sure you already amongst the rat race as I write this... I don't think I could do it, the traffic/crammed spaces/and people would put me over the edge!
I am totally with you...we left the house at 3:41 and bought every single doorbuster we could get out hands on...regardless of whether we actually needed it or not!
I hope you found some great bargains. I haven't braved the early morning shopping excursion yet. Maybe one day I'll make my way out.
Post a Comment