Saturday, November 3, 2007

Taking Bets on the First Spill

We had new carpet installed yesterday. We are so excited; it feels like a new house. We are trying to institute new rules with both Sophie and Noah, but we know it's only a matter of time before an "accident" happens! I'm thinking about having everyone revert back to a sippy cup (Tim and myself included), just so we can keep the carpet clean for as long as possible! Anyway, it's nice to finally have everything, for the most part, back in its place. The night before everything was installed, we had all the bedrooms emptied out, so we went camping in the living room as a family for the night. After that experience, I can say quite confidently that it will be a long time before we take the kids camping!!!

4 comments:

The Monroes said...

I love new carpet, it is so fresh and so clean! I am sure one night of camping will hold them over for at least another year!

caxline said...

My bet is that mommy or daddy spill first!!! Let's just hope it is not red wine!

Alexis said...

I'll give you a week. I don't even think mine lasted that long. Alexis decided to open mommy's tanning lotion and squirt a good amount on the carpet when I wasn't looking. When I asked her what happened she said, "I spilled lotion on the floor". No kidding.

OSU 98 said...

Thankfully, there is only me to spill something on the new carpet that is coming in my house in a few weeks. About the only thing that could happen is that I lose my brain and leave something at tail height on the coffee table....