We are so lucky to be able to spend Thanksgiving in Reno with my family this year. We are feeling very blessed and grateful and pray for a happy and healthy Christmas and New Year.
Okay, enough with the sap. This is a day to rejoice and spend time with family...but it is also the day that the Palaroan sisters strategize and prepare for our annual shopping competition, oh, I mean event. In addition to shopping for ourselves and trying to find great buys (I am in the hunt for a new Sonicare toothbrush and some luggage...text me if you know of any good deals...seriously), we are also shopping for a couple of needy families we have adopted for the holidays. So, the stakes are high and we are sticking to a list this year...no random items (unless, of course, they are practically a steal) and I'm a little concerned about a certain variable we haven't had to deal with: Reno weather. Actually, it's more like freaking cold Reno weather. We are looking at temps in the teens when we are out shopping in the wee hours of the morning....I am hoping this doesn't slow us down. I think we will have to properly stretch beforehand, maybe have Tim stay in the car and keep it running on high heat. I don't know...my mind is running a mile a minute and I need to get back to planning and stop blogging. Best of luck fellow shoppers....may the good deals find you!
3 comments:
I am so envious...I would love to be strategizing at this very moment, leave at the wee hours of the morning to go shopping but my ambition got up and went without me along with my desire to climb out from between the toasty warm sheets at that hour. But I will be rooting for you!!
i expect a full report on how everything went! I miss you spending Thanksgiving in Ohio...I wanted my mom to bust out the pink sweats for Kelli!
I hope you found everything you were looking for. I actually ventured out for the first time ever early on Friday morning. I think we made it to Toys R Us by 6:15. Wow I don't think I've ever seen so many people in the store before. We waited in line for over an hour. I guess I found a couple good things but I still don't know if it was worth it. I just wish I could have taken a nap later on in the day.
Post a Comment