Many people do not understand why I would get up at ridiculous hours in the morning to save a few bucks on a few items on the craziest shopping day of the year. Trust me, I used to be that person who thought these early bird doorbusting people were nothing but a bunch of crazies. And then I experienced it, skeptical, making fun of people, and in awe of the complete mania I witnessed. It's crazy; I don't condone aggressive behavior and I hate to read about people getting hurt or trampled....or worse as we have learned this past Black Friday. Over the years, I have learned, for me anyway, that it practically has nothing to do with the shopping (well, I am a sucker for good deals) but it's more about the fun experience I share with my sister and husband and whoever chooses to join us that year. With full bellies we search the ads and come up with a strategic plan, carefully choosing the stores we will invade. We set our alarms and the following morning, not even kidding, is spent laughing hysterically and enjoying the little scavenger hunt we have set up for ourselves. We finish it off by eating a good hearty breakfast, reveling in our great purchases, and just enjoying each other.
To me, Black Friday and the spirit of Christmas are two completely separate things. I promise you.....find a fun girlfriend, sister, guy friend, whoever.....find someone that you enjoy being with and I promise it will become your next favorite yearly tradition!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment