Sunday, November 2, 2008

An extra hour of chaos

I don't know if I like the whole "fall back" concept anymore. It's obvious this tradition wasn't invented by parents of small children because this has been the longest day of my life thus far. First of all, gone are the days when you could rejoice and enjoy an extra hour of sleep. This morning I was pleasantly greeted an hour early (or so the clock told me). The rest of the day I was pretty much confused, wondering why it felt like 3 o'clock in the afternoon when in actuality it was only noon. How did I only fall back one hour, yet it feels like three? How does that work? And how come my children are NEVER tired? All I know is today needs to end....I need a do over....I will be ready for this tomorrow, I swear.

3 comments:

The Scotts said...

Seriously....time changes and kids do not go together. We no longer get that extra hour of sleep everyone else does.

The Monroes said...

An extra hour of sleep... yeah right. Not in this house either! Since we were out of town her internal clock is all messed up (we were in another time zone even!) She would tell me "I am awake!" and I would say "go back to sleep NOW"!!! Let's hope this transition happens soon... for all of us.

caxline said...

I concur 100%...we're still suffering...and our eating habits are confused too...we're eating breakfast at 6, lunch at 10, dinner at 3 and dinner #2 at 7...which means mommy is now making 4 meals a day!!!