Sophie, Noah, and I went to Tim's game this evening. Fun was had by all. Tim got a brand new bat for his birthday and was very excited to try it out. He finished with three doubles and Sophie had lots to cheer about. I haven't gone to many of his games, mostly because they're usually later at night, which means bedtime for the kids would be 9:30 or 10:00 pm, which would equate to a midnight bedtime for Mommy (cranky kids + tired Mommy = hell). Tonight was an early game, so I was glad to go! Not sure why I haven't gone to ALL his games because the few I've gone to, I barely had to watch the kids. Everyone else seems to entertain Sophie and she doesn't really care to have anything to do with me. I think I might just come by next week and sneak off to Target while they're playing!
Which brings me to my next subject....the joy of shopping alone. What's that like? Shopping now feels like Supermarket Sweep. No longer are the days of strolling the aisles or reading labels. Now are the days of lists, sticking to lists, strategic exit plans, and ridiculously large shopping carts shaped like cars (if anyone has seen me on a bike, imagine me trying to maneuver one of these things through a store....lots of apologies from me and dirty looks from others). Sophie and Noah are generally good, but I know their limits. And I'll be totally honest, even though I work in the education field, I seriously don't have the patience to create some sort of learning experience out of our shopping trip...it's grab 'n go!!!
3 comments:
my favorite is when you get to the checkout and you say - he ate a banana, she ate an apple... oh yeah, maybe some strawberries and blueberries too..just charge me whatever you feel is appropriate!!!
I am dying because it is so accurate it is scary. I have to have three feet of clearance on each side of those damn car carts! They do not turn on a dime either. Most of my packaged food has teethmarks in it when I get home,and I wonder when did she get a hold of that?
I guess I should enjoy my shopping now! Can't wait til he's the age to do all of this fun stuff. Supermarket Sweeps? I love that game! LOL
Post a Comment