Saturday, May 5, 2007

Oops..Maybe I Should Have Waited

I was so excited about signing Sophie up for a dance class (it's like pre-pre-ballet) this summer, I accidentally shared the news with her last night. Now this morning all she is doing is asking me when we're going to dance class, where are her dancing shoes, where is her dancing dress, are we going after breakfast, are we going after lunch, is it just you and me, let Noah stay home, on and on and on. And she's dancing around the house all morning preparing for the big event that is not going to happen until June.

I also ordered some sandals for her online and made the mistake of showing her. Now she thinks they should instantly jump out of the computer so she can wear them today. Explaining to a toddler the concept of time and patience is an arduous task! Obviously, her impatience probably comes from me since I couldn't even wait to tell her!

1 comment:

The Monroes said...

Patience is hard to explain to a 30 year old, let alone a 2 year old!