Friday, May 25, 2007

I Can't Work in These Conditions!

This past week was an awful week dealing with the weather at work. It was 86 degrees in my office because we have no air conditioning....it's been broken for years now. We have our outside door held open to the wall with two paper clips and 2 school chairs next to one another to hold the $10 fan blowing hot air into our office. I tried opening my window and the blinds fell on my face. I finally got it open and learned I have no screen. I had to shut the window 5 minutes later because of the dirt blowing into my office due to the construction happening onsite. On top of all this....we have mice and I literally have two binder clips holding the left side of my desk together. Gotta love the life in public education!!! I could go on and on and on, but you get the picture.

4 comments:

Tim said...

The brakes on my golf cart have been squeaking for the past week. Every time I need to brake a loud screech comes out spooking the golfer on the green. Even Sierra gets jumpy...because she rides around with me in my golf cart because I work outside on a golf course...What?

OSU 98 said...

I draw the line at mice. That is just gross.

The Monroes said...

Just think in a couple of weeks, you will not even have to think of that office!! At least I hope so.

LY said...

I feel your pain Cheryl. After all, I spend my life in airports... the other day, I had wait f i f t e e n minutes to find out if I was EVER going to be upgraded to first class! Then... if that isnt enough...half way through the flight I find out my entree selection is NOT available and I have to settle for the filet mignon, which I did not want. Can you believe what I have to put up with...really Cheryl, I do FEEL your pain!

Sorry but after reading Tim's post I decided to pile on too.