...but why does she insist on getting up earlier and earlier every day??? It doesn't help that the days are much longer now, so it becomes light out around 5:45 am. Besides the fact I get up at 5 am every morning, I actually try to enjoy this time because it's my only real "alone time" I ever get. I feed Noah, pack my lunch, get ready, and check my e-mail or watch the news. I really try to enjoy this time because it is literally the ONLY time my house is actually quiet. So why is it Sophie starts screaming my name almost 2 minutes after I'm done feeding Noah? And if anyone has ever heard Sophie scream, it could wake up the neighborhood and probably has. Everyone in my cul-de-sac knows when Sophie's throwing a tantrum because it reverberates down the street. Letting her cry it out or trying to convince her it's too early and to go back to sleep just isn't an option anymore. So here I sit, Sophie beside me cuddled in her Dora blanket, watching cartoons rather than the news. I tried to get a little shut-eye while she is watching cartoons, but apparently that is not allowed either. Sophie immediately nudges me if my blinks average longer than 2 seconds and tells me to "wake up." I love to cuddle with my Sophie and I do every morning....just not at 5:30!!!
It's just one of those mornings, I guess. I just may shut the door to my office and crawl under my desk for some quiet time.
2 comments:
What is time to yourself? I love that the time to yourself involved watching the news AND feeding Noah!! Yourself really just= when the house is quiet!
So I should enjoy the quiet time while Miles is sleeping? Enjoy your quiet time!
Post a Comment