Sunday, May 20, 2007

Happy, Healthy, and Big!!!

Noah had his 4 month visit to the doctor last Thursday and did impressively well. He showed off his laugh and smile, he shared how strong he was by jumping up and down when she held him, and he almost scooted right off the exam table when she put him on his tummy!!! Tim and I knew he was a big little boy because he's been wearing clothes no smaller than 6-9 months and even fitting well in some 9-12 month sizes. Even knowing this, we were both a little surprised to find out he's in the 90th percentile for both height and weight at 26 1/4 inches and 16.11 lbs! He still takes after Mommy and Daddy in the big head department, topping off in the 95th percentile.

The last four months have been such a whirlwind, I'm finding myself enjoying every moment with him, even his crying fits. His personality is already proving to be a lot different than Sophie's. He loves to be held by everyone and offers a smile to anyone who looks his way. He doesn't seem to have the stranger anxiety the way Sophie did at such a young age. For the longest while, Sophie only wanted to be held by either Tim or me, but Noah doesn't seem to mind who is holding him.....he just loves the attention! He is sleeping through the night, about eight hours, which is absolutely wonderful.

I'm finally beginning to get back on a regular evening routine and not feeling so brain dead when I'm at work. Everyone always tells me they don't know how I do it, although everyone that tells me this has been in this position before....working full-time, full-time Mommy, etc. It's one of those times in your life when you really can't think about how hard it is, you just do it. I'm still figuring out how to balance my work life, home life, and personal life. With two, I've learned the value in "me time." I'm learning in small doses, but I have committed to walking a few miles with a friend from work right after school a few times a week. It helps get the energy out and leaves me feeling refreshed and ready to tackle everything that hits me at home!!! Tim and I are still figuring out how to make sure we get enough time together. Hard when we don't have immediate family close by who can watch the kids for a couple of hours here and there, but we do our best to make time away from our busy lives. I sit back often feeling very lucky to have what I have, especially my two beautiful children. They constantly offer me perspective and bring me down to earth...and of course, the type of joy I never imagined.

2 comments:

The Scotts said...

Noah is such a cutie pie! I think Miles is on the same track as Noah, BIG! They grow so fast!

The Monroes said...

I want to scoop that little guy up and steal him! You are right, I think motherhood is a "just do it" job, and if you thought about it you would wonder if there were 60 hours in a day! Better to not think about it.