Teeth are important to me. Healthy teeth, healthy gums, straight teeth....all important. I'm not sure why, but I totally buy into the ADA approved stuff. I don't buy toothpaste that isn't ADA approved nor do I buy toothbrushes that don't have the necessary stamp of approval. I'm a firm believer in following the "4 out of 5 dentists recommend" rule. Again, probably one big gimmick, but I happen to be sold on it. I also make sure all markers/crayons read "non-toxic" on the box, as if toxic crayons even exist anymore. So, the other day when we were shopping at Wal-Mart, Sophie finds a Barbie toothbrush that she MUST have. Didn't think anything of it until we got in the car and I looked at it. First of all, it's made by "ZOOTHBRUSH." Who the heck is that? Secondly, it is not approved, of course, by ADA. So, I freak out and Tim thinks I am the biggest weirdo over this. It bothers me to no end.....I'm concerned the bristles are not up to par, the handle must not be ergonomically designed.....who knows, really?!
Maybe I value teeth too much, maybe it's more an obsession. I think I feel the need to instill good brushing habits to counteract the foreign objects that haphazardly end up in my daughter's mouth. I hope she never has to find out how much I fret over the silliest things. I'm just waiting for her to be old enough to tell me to get over it!!!
6 comments:
CP, I am with you on this one!Teeth are very important. Just ask all the dentists raking in the bucks from adult orthodontics. They probably wish their patients had also learned proper oral hygiene care as well. Sophie's dentist will appreciate your oral care OCD.
Nicole :)
I hope you are prepared to pay for that carpal tunnel surgery Sophie is going to need one day from using the "Zoothbrush" that isn't ergonomically correct!!
Never having made it to "motherhood" it is such a joy for me to sit back and watch you and other mothers - like Lori - fret over the small stuff. Thanks for keeping me entertained!
You crack me up! You know you can't take the "zoothbrush" away from Sophie now. I hope her teeth don't fall out, or end up crooked, if so blame it on the "zoothbrush"
Why do we always give in to whatever these kids want. I do the same thing. I think it has something to do with not having to deal with the 10 minute breakdown in the middle of the store. I would have bought the "Zoothbrush" too.
could be much worse...my kids insist on sharing with me! YUCK! I have taken to hiding my toothbrush and sneaking away to brush my teeth.
Post a Comment