We are spending Easter in Reno with my family, so I made sure to ask my sister to look for places Sophie can go to participate in an Easter Egg Hunt. Easy enough, we get a long list of options. Most of the good ones are on actual Easter Sunday, but we wanted to find one for today because we'll be traveling home tomorrow afternoon. We decide, quite confidently, in going to the event held by one of the libraries in town. No, they weren't hiding the eggs IN the actual library, they did hide them outside. So, we go to this Easter Egg Spectacular and expect it to be pretty decent. There seems to be a good turnout and Sophie is super excited.
I walk in the check-in room and read on the board, "2 Egg maximum." WHAT??? I bought a big freaking basket so my daughter can pick up 2 eggs??? Okay, for Sophie, I maintain my positive attitude and ask my sister and Tim if I read the board correctly. Oh yes, I certainly did. So, finally it's time for us to line up and go outside. I kid you not, my blinks in the late afternoon last longer than this egg hunt did. My sister was supposed to take pics but it happened so quick she couldn't even get the phrase "say cheese" out. We walked outside, picked up two eggs, and proceeded right out to our car. How do you explain to a little girl that, although you see a thousand eggs in front of you, you can technically only pick up two of them. You don't, so you let her pick up five eggs, scoop her up, and jet to the car. So, we waited longer for the egg hunt to begin than we did actually participating in the egg hunt. Thanks for playing.......
The best one seems to be up at Squaw Valley tomorrow, they are promising 5000 eggs to be hidden all around the village. Snow, Easter eggs, crisp mountain air, beautiful scenery.....sounds great, but we sadly have to pass on this extravaganza because Mommy has decided to create her own Easter egg hunt for little Sophie. This way, Sophie gets all the eggs, Mommy doesn't have to kick any little kids in the shin for getting in my baby's way, and I'm not required to drive an hour to enjoy the event!! Win, win, win.....Happy Easter.
3 comments:
Thanks for the Easter morning chuckle!!
You are hilarious!! I can only imagine.
I love it, you should have made it a competition for Sophie to scoop up as many eggs as she could then sprint to the car! 2 eggs, what the heck is that? Some Easter egg hunt.
Post a Comment