Saturday, April 21, 2007

Where Has the Time Gone?

Noah just recently turned 3 months old. I am in absolute shock at how quickly the time has flown by. This experience with my second child is certainly a bit different than the first. I don't know if it's because we probably won't have more children, but instead of anticipating milestones and celebrating them, I'm finding myself feeling a bit sad because it means my little baby boy is growing up and it may be our last time experiencing these amazing milestones. Noah can now roll over and hold his head up. He's already doing the Superman pose while he's on his tummy and he laughs like crazy all the time (except when the camera is on, that is). He has learned to love his bathtime and sleeps like a champ (I'm knocking on wood). He's outgrown his 3-6 month clothes and is already wearing his 6-9 month outfits. I was practically in tears when I packed away his newborn clothes!!!

I know it's not possible, but time seemed to go by much slower with Sophie....probably different now because our household is chaotic all the time and we also have a 2 1/2 year old on our hands. At the same time, I so look forward to taking the kids to Disneyland for the first time. I look forward to watching them play together and make new friends. I look forward to all the little things I found so memorable when I was a child. So sentimental!!!

As Noah experiences the many milestones ahead of him, I hope I can enjoy each process in the moment. And if things get to be too emotional for me, maybe Tim and I will have another one! Or maybe not....

2 comments:

The Scotts said...

I'm getting all emotional just reading this. I am also realizing how quickly time goes by. It truly is amazing to see all of these milestones passing before our eyes.

The Monroes said...

I cannot imagine what it is like with the second,just enjoy every minute you can!