Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tim's Favorite Thing to Do

I've given up on asking Tim to not rile up Sophie right before bed. I honestly don't understand how he doesn't get it. It's like clockwork with these two...about ten minutes before her bedtime, Tim decides to tickle, chase her around, roughhouse, whatever it is that causes her to scream, laugh and beg for more. And then of course there's bad cop Mommy who must be the grown up and put a stop to the circus taking place in my living room. I also find it quite baffling that Tim has the instinct to immediately place blame on his two-year-old daughter when I have to actually put a stop to it. His usual and favorite response is, "It's not me, it's Sophie!"

And now it's 9:30 and Sophie is wide awake. At least she's in bed, but I can hear her talking to her baby. And what is Tim doing? Oh yes, the pot stirrer is sound asleep. Seriously???

3 comments:

The Scotts said...

LMAO!!! I can foresee this happening to me in the NEAR future. I will definitely have to play the role of the bad cop as well. Imagine that!

caxline said...

That is totally my life too! The only thing you left out is Tim giving her a "few bites" of sugar...

The Monroes said...

I think it is innate in men, they just don't get it... and I have decided to accept that!