I don't quite understand why this always happens, but it truly never fails. Anytime Tim and I are exhausted the next day and even remotely mention the anticipation of taking a nap while the kids nap, the kids end up not napping. Well, in this particular case, it was Sophie. It was about the time I had just settled into the couch and am watching Divine Design on HGTV. About 2 seconds after the reveal of the new room, I slowly drift off into dreamland. I can almost feel the tension in my body release from head to toe. No more than 10 minutes later, Sophie starts screaming in her room. I go in there and tell her very sternly that she NEEDS to go back to sleep (or Mommy might lose her mind! I left this part out, but gosh I was thinking it). She refuses and I tell her to at least be quiet and I shut the door. Just as I settle back into the couch, she screams again. This time Tim goes in and "attempts" to bring her in our bedroom to lay down with him.
Of course, she refuses to sleep and continues to bother Tim trying her best to engage him in conversation. I quietly listen in on their conversation and am laughing hysterically because of Tim's answers. Sophie tells her Daddy she wants to watch T.V. Tim tells her, "No, Sophie, you need to be watching the backs of your eyelids. It's a brand new show; I hear it's really good." And Sophie tells her Daddy no. A little later in the conversation, Tim tells her, "Sophie, you need to take a nap so we can go to church later. They won't let us in the church if they see you are too tired. You have to nap first so they will let us in the doors. Right now, you look really tired and they won't let us in if you look that way." Sophie ponders for a minute and lays her head down on the pillow. Of course, she doesn't fall asleep but I am laughing my ass off so hard I can't contain myself. So, Tim and I went napless today and we're considering alternative methods of getting Sophie to sleep tonight (i.e. drugs).
1 comment:
Isn't Sophie coming down with some allergies...wink wink = benadryl! They have sleep esp, I swear. They know when you NEED to get some shut eye, and they decide to act up because they know these are the times you will get, give and do ANYTHING to get them to sleep!
Post a Comment