Thursday, December 14, 2006

Who starts a weekend project on a Wednesday night?

Tim and I do, that's who. Tim came home and casually mentioned he wanted to begin on the "closet project" where he is planning on putting in several shelves to help with the space we will need when the baby arrives. Of course, I "casually" agree. I was resting in bed (because that's what I do best these days) and got up to use the bathroom. I got out of the bathroom, and literally no more than 30 seconds later, walked out to find our entire closet has shifted to the top of the bed. I had every intention of getting back into bed and continuing the planning phase conversation of this closet project. Next thing I know Tim has the drill out and Sophie is by his side utilizing the measuring tape to the best of her ability.

Sophie has also taken it upon herself to try on every piece of clothing, pair of shoes, hat, belt, etc. in the entire closet. It's one big pile of fun!!! Of course, we decide to not just tackle our closet, but ALL the closets in the house. Before you know it, it looks like a tornado hit our house. Needless to say, the story ends with the tornado. Shelves have not been put up, the closet doors to our closet sit in the hallway as I write this, and the spare bedroom has been designated the official "dump site."

No comments: