Sunday, December 17, 2006

Never in my life.....

...did I think I would be immune to vomit. Actually, let me clarify. Never in my life did I think I would be immune to baby vomit. Back in college, I was never the friend that could hold someone's hair back while they puked because I'd end up puking right alongside them, or at least dry heave right behind them. And, I'm not the most graceful puker, not that I've ever met someone who vomits attractively.

There's a reason behind the appealing start to this story......Sophie was hit with a nasty stomach virus this weekend and Tim and I have literally washed the entire house down because, let's face it, no one is safe. So, Sophie spent last night in our bed. I was in charge of getting the bucket on time, while Tim had a box of kleenex and his handy dandy hands ready to go at a moment's notice. Pretty much on the hour, Sophie was waking us up and doing her thing. I started to lag later in the night because I just couldn't cope. Tim had to tell me to get my game on more than once. So, Sophie slept between us and Tony the Turtle lay at the foot of our bed and served as our nightlight throughout the whole event. We made it through the night, but I definitely feel I've had my fill of vomit for the rest of 2006. I write as my back is sore from washing everything that is washable, steam cleaning the carpets, disinefecting anything that poses a threat, and lastly, giving Sophie a serious bath. I even washed, rinsed, and repeated with the shampoo.

We're hoping for a restful night tonight. Of course, I know it'll be one of those nights where we both sleep with one eye open. We'll see, though. Maybe she's preparing us for her baby brother's arrival. We've been spoiled with being able to sleep through the night for the most part!

No comments: