Saturday, November 14, 2009

Who took my Noah?

Noah is acting like the two-year-old he is. I thought I could escape this age without too many issues, but he is clearly reminding us he only has two months to squeeze in terrorizing behavior...especially since he's been relatively laid back for the previous 10 months. Lately he's going through the phase of not just wanting something....but wanting it NOW (insert stomping of feet and tears here). He's forgetting his manners, hitting his sister for no reason, and basically fulfilling his role as "little brother." Unfortunately, this means he's spending more time in the thinking corner.....but then he'll refuse to apologize once we let him out....which makes us all crazy as we go through the whole cycle again.

Lately, he'll flat out punch Sophie in the stomach and say "sorry" AS he's doing it, thinking he's covered all his bases. He insists on sleeping with all of his cars, airplanes, Brutus (he has three of these). How he gets a good night's rest is beyond me, but at the end of the night when I'm all out of energy.....he could sleep with his full-size John Deere tractor and I wouldn't fight it. He is now trying to pick out his own outfits.....which is why he is wearing a hooded Cars sweatshirt with his OSU jersey and paired it with his fireman rain boots. Needless to say, I am carefully picking my battles these days.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I am disappointed that there is not a picture of our independent grandson with his cars sweatshirt, osu jersey and fireman rain boots...uhhh...were pants included in this outfit?

The Monroes said...

I don't believe a word you said, he is far too cute to do any of it...but I think it is creative to do the apologizing DURING the act, he has to get some credit for that.