It has been a little stressful the past couple of days. Of course, it's my fault for thinking these few days would be restful, low key, and lazy. It has pretty much been everything but. It doesn't really help that Sophie has no idea that we are going down to Disneyland. We have kept this a little secret from her and don't plan on telling her until the morning we actually go. So, it has prompted a thousand questions from Sophie as I am preparing things for the week. "What are you doing, Mommy? Are you packing? Where are we going? What is that bag for? Why are you packing my Barbie toothbrush?" Since I have no answers, I pretty much ignored her.
Monday night, we thought it would be nice to play at the park during Tim's softball game. It was over 100 degrees that day and the water fountain play area was still running in the evening. Sophie and Noah were playing and Sophie ended up slipping on the pavement and hitting the back of her head on the ground really hard. It took forever to calm her down and a huge goose egg appeared instantly. Of course, I panicked and was feeling the need to rush her to the hospital. I ended up calling Auntie Jen, who was so nice to go over things with me to make sure she was okay. I monitored her closely for the next 24 hours, iced her little noggin, and she bounced back just fine. Whew!!! Thanks, Auntie Jen!!!
And then tonight, Noah has been teething (why else would he be so cranky?) and pretty much following Tim and me everywhere. Well, he was right behind Tim in the bathroom and Tim stepped back and ended up stepping on Noah's leg. Tim freaked out, thought he heard a snap and Noah was crying uncontrollably. Again, we can't even catch our breath we are so terrified and Noah wouldn't let us touch his leg. Finally, he calmed down and we noticed he had a little bump on his shin. Still not knowing if he was okay, we tried to console him and ice the area. Of course, he wanted nothing to do with it and after about 5 minutes was up and running around with Sophie. Whew!!!
Needless to say, I am still packing because for some reason I feel the need to pack the whole house (do they have grocery stores in L.A. because I'm packing as if they don't). Anyway, if you see us at Disneyland, we'll be the family in the big plastic bubble.
6 comments:
Have a wonderful (safe and uneventful) trip! I want you to know that I am SOOO jealous that I will not get to see the look on Sophie's face when she sees the Princesses live and in person!!! PLEEZE take plenty of pictures...we will be waiting to see them. Hope you all have a blast!
I am soo sad we are going to miss you!!! Have fun! Sophie is going to be in heaven!!
It's nice to know a doctor so you can get words of advice. I'm glad both kids are okay. It would have been a difficult trip with broken body parts. That plastic bubble may not be a bad idea, at least until you get home.
have a great time..if you get bored..keep driving south and visit us and Shamu!
I hope you guys had a great time and no injuries!
Love the new blog template!!!! Looks like you are enjoying your summer with all the trips.
Post a Comment