Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Congratulations Sophie!!!

Sophie successfully completed pre-school on Monday! Lots of emotions were going through my mind this week, but I was thankful to be completely present and happy for her on her last day. Prior to that, I spent a lot of alone time in the evenings looking through old photos and reading old blogs, from potty training to becoming a big sister, all of it has been so memorable and beautiful to look back on. I am trying my best to live in the moment and not be so scattered with our busy schedules, enjoy as much as I can in the present so I don't sit around in disbelief about how quickly my children are growing up. Unfortunately, a lot of this stuff sneaks up on you and I am often hit with the reality that I can't slow time down no matter how hard I try. I'm already feeling very grateful for this blog and for documenting such an important time in their lives. I can't wait to experience the next chapter as Sophie begins school, forms new friendships, and learns more about the world around her. We are so incredibly proud of her already and can't wait to enjoy this summer before she enters the big K. Congratulations my dear Sophia Hope.
Getting ready to show off everything they've learned!
Sophie with her good buddy, Emilie.
Sophie and Catherine.....is it just me or can you totally picture these two as high school graduates? Gosh, they look so mature!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS SOPHIA! Grammy & Goppie are so very proud of you.

The Monroes said...

I am getting sad, this cannot be the little girl I saw at 2 months old...it just cannot be! Congratulations Sophie, you are so beautiful, may you shine in Kindergarten as we all know you will!

The Wright's said...

Congratulations Sophie! You are getting to be such a big girl! Uncle George & Aunt Cricket are so proud of you. Can't wait to see you in the next couple of weeks!!!