Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Congratulations Michelle!

I'm a little late on the post, but I wanted to make sure to congratulate my sister, Michelle! Not only did she successfully defend her dissertation this past week, she was also an honoree at the 2009 Women of Achievement ceremony in northern Nevada. Sponsored by the Nevada Women's Fund, it's a huge honor and I am super proud of her for doing her part in breaking that glass ceiling! Good job Michelle!
Here's her picture up on the big screen!
She didn't know Tim and I were planning on attending (since the luncheon was on a Thursday). But, I was proud of myself for actually keeping it a surprise! She was shocked and happy to see us and we were so glad to be there for her big day.

3 comments:

Lori said...

CONGRATULATIONS MICHELLE!!!

The Monroes said...

Congratulations Michelle, what an achievement!

The Scotts said...

Congratulations Michelle! It was so good to see you last weekend.