Sunday, December 14, 2008

Merry Christmas to Me!!

It's quite possible I'm starting to fall in love.....with (gasp!) cooking. Who knew a dutch oven named Le Creuset would do the trick?! I have been eyeing this product for a while now, occasionally wondering what all the fuss was about and hearing from other "owners" about their fabulousness. Finally, while Tim and I were shopping, they were offering a deal we couldn't refuse and since I will be cooking Christmas dinner...Tim offered to buy it as an early Christmas present. Now, please understand that I do cook all the time....I just never really enjoyed the process the way others have. I never really obsessed over recipes or felt the need to make the perfect stuffing. It wasn't me....and I don't think it is now.....BUT, I will say this little number has improved my relationship with my kitchen and if I wasn't sold on it before, I am now! For those of you who do not like to cook or never feel like certain dishes come out the right way....you MUST get one of these. It's going to cost you, but I promise your husband (or wife!) will thank you (and me!). Now, I have to go and look up some more delicious recipes to cook in my new cherry red beautiful dutch oven! Seriously, who am I?

Isn't she beautiful? I made a killer chicken tetrazzini tonight.

7 comments:

The Monroes said...

Who are you and what have you done with Cheryl?You have officially entered the dark side...it is a pretty piece of art. I hope you know, this DOES put a damper on our friendship.

The Wright's said...

I'm not letting George see this blog. He might get ideas. You're starting to sound like Lori!

Alexis said...

Hey everyone has to learn sometime right???? I never knew that a single pot would do the trick. Maybe I should give it a try.

OSU 98 said...

WOW!! A real one! I got my brother one, but not a LeCroucet...he wanted one too. Clearly you can see who the cook in the family is!!!

The Scotts said...

LOL...A dutch oven?? I was expecting to see a new "big" oven. I had no idea what a dutch oven was! You can tell I'm not a cook! Enjoy it, it is beautiful!

caxline said...

you are so much more advanced than I. I was expecting something like a toaster over...this looks like a pot to me!

The Wright's said...

How funny your young friends are - not knowing what a Dutch Oven is! I'm surprised you knew! :-)

I think it is time to change the pix - my husband will see this and want to buy one to see if it helps me cook more often! N O T!!!