Sunday, August 3, 2008

Reno/Tahoe Visit

I just returned from Reno with the kids after spending five days there. We had such a good time and pretty much kept busy every second! The weather was perfect and we enjoyed as much time as possible outdoors. Now that I'm home, I can't believe this is my last week before returning to work...ugh! I have to be there two weeks before school actually starts and unfortunately, August is a crazy busy month! I am going to do my best to enjoy this last week with the kiddies...We took the kids on a walk along the river...lots of people rafting, and just hanging out on the rocks.
Sophie enjoying nice COLD Lake Tahoe! Mommy was not very smart and decided she needed to even out her annoying tan lines. Unfortunately, I ended up paying the price with a nice sunburn. The fact that I actually burned is a testament to how much I typically protect myself from the sun these days! When am I going to learn?
Here's Noah getting ready to dive in!
Taking a break and eating snacks. This is the perfect beach for kids. There's a huge playground kids can play on right near the beach...we ended up finishing our beach day on the swings!

2 comments:

The Monroes said...

I can almost taste Tahoe it looks so delicious! Those pictures seriously make me long to be there. I know Naomi would love it and it sounds so fun to be there all day, hit the beach, the cold crisp water then swing. It sounds perfect. I am glad you got to get away and spend time with your family and also to see such beautiful sights- you seem to always appreciate Tahoe as if you haven't been there a million times, which I think is really special. Your kids will pick up on that and love it as much as you do!

The Scotts said...

Back to work already??? Looks like you had a great trip!