Thursday, June 5, 2008

What about this color?

Tim and I (actually, Tim probably doesn't want to be associated with this) are nearing our third color for the kitchen. The first was plain awful, the second wasn't what I thought given the light I have in the kitchen, and the third.....well, we'll have to wait and see. We are texturing our kitchen walls, which of course gives us reason to change the color yet again. So tomorrow, the kitchen will be covered in tape and plastic so we can figure out if "shale" or "tropical nut" will give me any inspiration to actually cook. Chances are slim to none, but I'll suck it up and cook anyway. I think it pains my husband that I will never actually experience pure "joy" from cooking, but like every other chore, I find the strength to get the job done!

If I had the courage, I'd do before and after pictures, but I don't. So, you'll have to come by the house to see the changes!

5 comments:

The Monroes said...

Seriously... come out of your shell and let's see some pictures.. I don't know what the he#$ shale is.... visual please!

The Monroes said...

PS- if it makes you love cooking, I am going to repaint mine too. I HATE cooking, I do it (not well) but I too consider it a CHORE. I am not sure what it feels like to WANT to cook something, maybe it is like breathing normal for us two, we will NEVER actually know!

OSU 98 said...

Nat, I bet shale and tropical nut are some sort of brownish color?? CP, you need a Solatube for your kitchen to light it up. The light in my kitchen is lacking, and my next big purchase for the house (post irrigation system) is another Solatube for my kitchen. I have one in the happy bathroom and that makes it so bright and cheery...then maybe this would be the last time you have to paint it.

Pictures, please.

The Quisenberrys said...

Seriously........who works a full day, prepares a full meal for the family, gives all the kids a bath, book and bottle before bed and doesn't find cooking somewhat of a chore!? Oh yeah and we're supposed to make made passionate love to our husbands after all that, too! ;)

Alexis said...

Let me know what color you end up with. I'm at that stage where I'm just sick of every color I pick and wish someone else would help me decorate. Then there wouldn't be so much pressure to pick the right color. Good luck and hopefully it will inspire you to cook.:)