Sunday, May 18, 2008

A little bit of everything...and a whole lot of nothing...

Sometimes I wonder if multi-tasking is a good thing. I certainly think it's a good skill and I do believe it's a requirement for every mother to be able to multi-task, but I also believe it's okay to slow down and take things one moment at a time....live in the present, not worry so much about what's on the agenda and what needs to be done next. Well, this was one of those weekends where we didn't have to navigate through a swarm of people so I can buy baby wipes by the thousands, and then follow-up with a trip to the grocery store, and find time to do laundry and every other chore. Instead, we relaxed. And we enjoyed it. We did what we felt, whether it be to wander around the farmer's market or hit the beach for a little while. We didn't have a "to-do" list. On the contrary, we hung out and for once......I finally feel rejuvenated.

Sophie and Noah breaking out the water table for the first time this season in the backyard.
We decided to buy some fresh fruit and veggies at the farmer's market. Here's Sophie and Daddy taking a quick break on our way there.
We thought it'd be nice to take a walk on the beach and get Sierra some fun time outside. Here's Sophie running in and out of the water.....she ended up soaking her entire dress!
Sophie and I spent Sunday afternoon with a nice and quiet tea party in her bedroom.

2 comments:

The Monroes said...

I am salivating, that weekend sounds wonderful! It is nice to kind of let the flow of the day decide what you are doing. I also love the photo of Sophie running and laughing on the beach, it realyl captures how much fun she was having!

Alexis said...

Wow aren't you both lucky to get to put on swimsuits already and play in the water. Sounds like you had a nice weekend and it was so nice of you to let your parents relax too.