Oh, this picture is so appropriate. I really thought I was past certain stages with Sophie. Once she turned 3, I high-fived myself thinking I sneaked by without having to deal with major tantrums, meltdowns, and downright defiance. Well, I have come to discover the world of defiance in the means of two very simple phrases: "NO" and "I DON'T WANT TO."Honestly, my household within one weekend has become a zero-tolerance environment. I am not about to be creative with my parenting when my daughter simply answers everything, regardless of tone, with a defiant "NO." I know I'm a counselor, but she has pretty much thrown every one of my counseling strategies and skills out the window. My patience is nearly invisible these days and my negotiation and bartering skills simply make me look like a fool. So, this week is officially deemed hard ball. Tim and I will be strong. She will not get the best of us. We will not back down. We are a united front and will quickly shift from authoritative to authoritarian within seconds. As you can tell, I'm writing all of this down so I have something to refer to when I experience a moment of weakness. I have a feeling she will be doing a lot of "thinking" this week in time-out. Go team.
2 comments:
Go team Tim and Cheryl...we are rooting you on all the way. Stand strong, don't give in. I am writing this so I have something to refer back to!!
Matt and I are so there too...let us know your progress. We're losing..
Post a Comment