So I'm a little late on the post, story of my life, what can I say. Nonetheless, I'm proud to say we have made the commitment to be a little greener, even if it's a small step. We have slowly but completely converted to energy efficient light bulbs throughout the entire house. We will never, if we can help it, have to answer the question "Paper or plastic?" since we have our own green reusable grocery bags that we cart along everywhere we go (yes, we are one of them). And of course, we are avid recyclers of just about everything. My next goal is to figure out a way to get rid of the 14 mpg gas guzzler of an SUV I currently have. I'm a little reluctant on this one and find myself saying over and over, "My car does not define me. My car does not define me. My car does not define me." Right? Right??!!? Can you sense my insecurity?
Anyway, I will admit I used to roll my eyes at these types. I'm not moving my family into a grass hut, people, I'm just trying to do my part even if it's just a little!
2 comments:
Good for you! You are inspiring me to try harder we recycle as well, and we are currently replacing the bulbs with energy efficient, but I have not went to the reusable garbage bags...I use the plastic ones when I walk elmer :( I need to find a good alternative. Also, a good green tip is to wash all your laundry in cold water, so I have started doing that...I only know this because my marketing company is doing a "green initiative" project called LIME-Live Intelligently Market Environmentally- ok enough about my life story...sorry.
Me too you guys! Right now I am trying not to throw out any food...eating all of our left overs. We have a couple of energy efficient bulbs but they bug me because the light is not as bright. I turn out every light and every machine when we are not using it. I have yet to get the resusable bags. I use them to put Bryce's diapers in....got to contain the stink a little bit!? Baby steps I guess! Keep it up ladies!!!!
Post a Comment