I thought I had developed a stomach for dealing with vomit. To have such a thought was apparently insane on my part....I have quickly realized my tolerance for throw-up is limited to children under the age of 2. After that, it transforms into something much more sickening, disgusting, and outright foul. Sophie has some sort of bug and ended up throwing up her dinner. Why this can't happen within a 2 foot radius of a sink / trash can / toilet is beyond my understanding. Anyway, she's in bed and I am just settling in to my first recorded event on TV for the night (Gauntlet III for those I gossip with regularly about reality shows). Before I can even press pause on the player, Sophie has thrown up on her comforter. She continues to finish her business in a trash can until I can get her to calm down. I proceed to seek the assistance from Tim and ask him to take the comforter to the washing machine and start it. (Skip the next sentence if you have a weak stomach.) Tim proceeds to carry the comforter out, leaving a perfect trail of you-know-what on the carpet.
I dry-heaved the whole way through this process of cleaning up, applying new sheets, changing and washing her, etc. I can't do it anymore. Her puke is no longer cute....not that it ever was, but it's certainly risen to a new level, and it's one I can no longer stomach!!!
5 comments:
Oh I am so sorry, it grows with them doesn't it??? I am not looking forward to that. I hope Sophie is feeling better soon. I am sure you were up a lot last night. Here is to a vomit free day!
Did you see Jon & Kate plus 8 on Monday night???? It was all about how the bug goes through their house and Kate's repulse for this very topic...maybe next time you could encourage Tim to roll the comforter up...
I can just see you now. I'm sorry Sophie is sick and i hope she is feeling better soon. I'm glad Tim was there to help somewhat.
ugh...not fun.
YUK! I don't have a stomach for vomit at any age!! Hope she is feeling better!
Post a Comment