Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No Filters

Oh how I love hanging out with Sophie these days. She has been cracking us up so much with her commentary and observations. She basically tells it like it is, whether anyone likes it or not. She's a little too young to understand the concept of tact, but I swear, if she keeps picking on me I might just pick back (j/k). Every morning, Sophie is typically in our bedroom and lies on the bed while I finish getting ready for work. Lately, she's been joining me in the bathroom while I put on my make-up. Now anyone that knows me well, knows that I'm not a huge fan of make-up but put it on to try my best to look semi-professional when I go to work. So, I'm definitely a minimalist in this department. I'm putting on make-up and Sophie gives me this disapproving scowl and says, "Mommy, that's too much make-up. That's just too much. No more, okay Mommy?" I mean, maybe my skin is being a little defiant this winter and maybe, just maybe, I need a tad more foundation as of late. But really, is it necessary to point out the obvious? How is it possible that a little 3-year-old is making me paranoid?

3 comments:

The Monroes said...

I think Sophie knows how naturally beautiful (as we all do) you are and thinks you don't need any of it!!

Alexis said...

Oh how innocent these kids are. Maybe you should let her help you next time. HeHe

Doc said...

It's good to see Sophie got one of my favorite qualities......saying it how it is. Though I hope by the time she's 30, she has a bit more tact than I do.