Monday, March 17, 2008

Memories

This weekend the Buckeyes were in the area, so we decided to catch some softball and cheer them on. Unfortunately, the game we watched against Cal was one of the two they lost that weekend. It was still nice to see them play, but I hesitated on whether or not to approach Coach after the first game. They played horrible and truly should have won and after the game, she called them in close and let them have it. I was close enough to recall very vividly those not-so-fun talks!! After my stomach settled from realizing I no longer play and she is not yelling at me, I was able to chat with her for a bit and she was finally able to meet Sophie and Noah. It was so nice seeing her and watching the team play. It really took me back to some great memories. Unfortunately, Tim and I probably watched a total 1 1/2 innings of the entire game because much of our time was spent chasing Sophie and Noah around!!!

6 comments:

OSU 98 said...

Fun! Can you send the softball weather east, please? Soon?

Jules said...

too funny! how great to be in nice weather!

The Monroes said...

I totally remember THOSE talks-LMAO that you had that nervous sick feeling in your stomach...did you allow yourself to enjoy the rest of the day, or were you upset over the loss?? I love those memories and I will never forget all that playing softball entailed. I hope our kids know just how cool we were then...

Alexis said...

I'm sure it was great to see them play. I still get nervous watching. And Natalie, I still think we are cool.

The Scotts said...

Fun!! Isn't weird to think we don't know a single soul on that team anymore?? That we are that old?:@#@! Yikes!

The Tuckers said...

I am so glad that you went... we thought about it but it was snowing over the pass.... didn't want to take the baby in the snow over the mtns. I remember sitting in the circle after the game just waiting for the ass chewing... like abused children. ha ha.