Monday, January 7, 2008

I Got The Goods!!!

Never did I think I'd be happy that my kids have ear infections. Finally, though, I am given some antibiotics for both Sophie and Noah. This past weekend, perfectly timed with Tim's surgery, Sophie and Noah seemed to take a turn for the worst. They were both coughing, waking up several times during the night, and all around miserable. I did everything I was told to do....humidifier, Vicks VapoRub, steam baths, I did everything.

I was able to get them in the doctor this afternoon and the whole way there I was thinking about what I could possibly say to get some drugs. I was ready to claim I haven't slept in over a month, which is partly true (more like 3 years, but who's counting). I wanted to get any sympathy vote possible (I even threw Tim in there and mentioned how he just got out of the hospital). All of this just in case their ears checked out fine or if they weren't wheezing enough. Luckily, the doctor immediately felt my pain and the kids' and prescribed some potent antibiotics. I'm hoping this knocks it out of them by the end of the week. If not, I'm finding out where she lives and showing up on her doorstep.

Finally, after a few errands after the doctor's visit, I go to pick up the medicine from the drug store. Considering the store is roughly two blocks away, I think I can jet out and get back without missing too much of the OSU game. I, ignorantly, think it's safe to leave in the first quarter when it's 10-0. I hit all four stoplights to get there and, of course, it's not ready yet. I dropped it off over an hour ago, but it's not ready yet. So, I sit and wait because I have no patience to roam around and purchase a bunch of things I don't need. I'm giving the pharmacist the evil eye and she keeps telling me, "It'll be up in just a minute, Mrs. Youngberg." Really, lady? That's what you said ten minutes ago! Thankfully, I finally get the pink stuff and head home to find out the score is tied.....and unfortunately, we all know how this story ends.

2 comments:

The Monroes said...

I hope the kids feel better soon-having a sick little one is bad, on top of a recovering husband!

Jules said...

I believe our 2 babes are heading in the same direction! lots of coughing and crying!