Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Always Eventful

Tim and I were settling in this evening after having just put the kids to bed. There was a fire going, we were watching a little football and starting to watch The Departed. I think I had just wrapped myself in a blanket on the couch and started to open up my laptop to check on some things. I was feeling nice and cozy....just when I let out a huge sigh I heard, "Mommy! I just threw up!!!!" Of course, I hop up and repeat to Tim what Sophie just said as I'm running to the bedroom. Naturally, Tim was not so quick to jump up and assist in the matter, but after he heard me dry heave, he had no choice.

Sophie didn't just throw up on her bed, she threw up while lying down, which meant she had thrown up EVERYWHERE on her bed and onto herself. The good thing is she's not sick with some stomach virus. She's just getting over the last of this cough and she ended up having a horrible coughing fit and she threw up. So, she had to take her second bath for this evening, I had to change all of her sheets, and I have a couple of loads of laundry ahead of myself tonight. And to think I thought I didn't have anything to blog about tonight!!!

3 comments:

The Monroes said...

That hits all too close to home-the laying down throw up is the worst...you then have to bathe them, remove the sheets and clothes.I prefer the stand up and clean the carpet puke, much easier!

Alexis said...

I don't do well with the whole throw up thing either. Give me a poopie diaper any day but when it comes to puke, I'll pass the buck to Dean.

Doc said...

Was that a Reagan Beach dry heave?......sorry, had to go there! Happy New Year!