Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sophia to the Rescue!!!

We took the kids to the park this afternoon and when we returned, we could not get into the house because the garage door opener was not working. Good thing it was cold outside and the house was locked shut. After pressing the little clicker about a thousand times, Tim realized he had his keys in his truck. Lucky for us, he has a thousand keys on his key ring, yet not one key is able to open anything to our house. As Sophie, Noah, Sierra, and I are hanging out on the driveway, Tim decides to get into the backyard and see if there's any way to get in. Of course, all the gates are locked so he must climb the fence. Naturally, and because nothing is easy, Tim breaks part of the fence getting in.

Finally, Tim gets the bright idea to send Sophie through the doggie door that's attached to the garage. Then, we can direct her to either open the garage or go to the front door and open it. After much encouragement, bribing, and convincing that there are no monsters on the way to the garage door opener, Sophie was able to maneuver through the dark in the garage. This could not have happened without the great assistance of her pal, Sierra, and like the superhero she is, Sophie opened the door for all of us! Hooray for Sophie!!! She saved the day!!!
Thanks for saving us, Sophie!! I was starting to get cold!!!

1 comment:

Doc said...

I don't think she could be any more like you Cheryl......I bet your parents are loving it. Give everyone hugs and kisses for me. BTW, I didn't have any place to put up my manger scene this year b/c I refused to move Noah's pics....he's too cute to be hidden away.