Monday, August 6, 2007

Why Am I Up?

I am in big trouble come next week when I have to return to work. Right now, I'm a little bit tired, but I continue to check my e-mail and blog. I at least turned off the TV.....although, that's only because my DVR is broken and I could only watch live TV. My life does not allow for live TV...if I can't fast forward through the ridiculous stuff, then I don't have the patience for it. So tonight, I watched my usual Sunday night Entourage and turned it off (pat self on back). But, I'll still probably read two chapters of my book before I actually commit to turning in.

My sleep habits are all off and I am consistently waking up every morning feeling like I'm hungover. And trust me, it's been years beyond years since I've actually had a legitimate hangover. I really need to buckle down this week and get myself on a schedule. I'm so militant about making sure Sophie and Noah are on a schedule, you would think I could take care of myself. Nope, no such luck. I think my first step is to cut out the 5 p.m. Starbucks runs. That extra jolt of caffeine in the afternoon has been fantastic, but I must admit, not so healthy. I have found it is incredibly difficult to be a night owl and a mom. Really, the early birds have the advantage on this one. I just haven't figured out how to be a morning person and chances are, I never will!

4 comments:

The Scotts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Scotts said...

I was wondering what you were doing awake commenting our blog at midnight!! I just woke up and fed Miles, but what am I doing on the computer at 3:30 in the morning?? I'll pay for it in a few hours!

The Monroes said...

You guys need to go to bed, you are making me sleepy!

Alexis said...

What's with everyone having trouble sleeping. I feel very fortunate I haven't had trouble sleeping.