
Today was Sophie's first official day of pre-school. I was extremely nervous that she was going to have a meltdown when I had to leave her, but it ended up being the absolute opposite. I think Tim had to physically pull me away from her after my 5-minute long goodbye! I felt the need to make sure to point out all the teachers in the room, that I would be right back in a couple of hours, how to go about asking to use the potty, etc., etc. And unfortunately, I'm the one who had the meltdown the second I stepped out of the classroom! She ended up doing great and loved her first day. I, on the other hand, was watching the clock like a hawk just waiting to pick up my little baby girl! I'm thankful she had a wonderful first day and I only hope she continues to enjoy school!

Right before I left, she was starting to color. It was a nuthouse in there. There's the older kid next to her who actually had a little brother who was in the class...the older kid didn't want to leave to go to his own class. Every parent had a camera and was either taking pictures or videotaping. Parents, like me, had to practically be pushed out of the classroom so the teachers could actually get control of the kids. I promised myself I wouldn't be THAT parent and now I just don't give a damn....I'm okay with being THAT parent!
5 comments:
What a big girl, she looks so beautiful! I am teary eyed thinking about Naomi's first day, I think I will definitely be one of THOSE parents as well. Good work on peeling yourself away Cheryl!
Bennett starts preschool next week. I am planning on needing some sort of medical intervention - zoloft, prozac, etc...
She looks so grown up! Look at her working hard. I would love her as my student. BTW, I fell apart when I dropped Miles off at the sitter.
I am already sad and he is still in the womb!
So grown up! Lots of crayons to choose from, I bet she drew a beautiful picture. I can't believe not only do all of you guys have kids...they are now starting preschool. I need medical intervention just thinking about it!
Post a Comment