Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I'm No Anne Geddes





God forbid my children actually let me capture a picture of them both smiling and looking at the camera. If one is smiling, the other blinks or forgets to look. Unfortunately, this is why I can't get professional portraits of them together yet! What I thought was going to be a cute picture event ended up with two kids crying....seriously, it went from enjoyable to torturous in 1.8 seconds. This is exactly how Sophie is when I turn on the video camera too. I ask her to recite her ABC's and she chooses to recite 18 out of 26 of them, she skips all around when I ask her to count, and she all of a sudden becomes colorblind when it's time to talk about colors. It's all a little game to her. We'll be in the car and she'll count to 15 perfectly, recite her ABC's like a pro, and identify colors from a mile away. The red light comes on the video camera and the girl turns on me. How is anyone going to believe me when I say my child is a genius?



4 comments:

OSU 98 said...

These are WAY better than any professional portraits! Stuffy professional portraits could never show what cute little personalities they must have!

The Monroes said...

These are great pictures, and I haven't figured out how to get naomi to perform when I request her to do so either...so if anyone has the secret please share.

The Scotts said...

Those pictures are priceless. You have two beautiful kids!

Alexis said...

These pictures are great. They both have such wonderful smiles.