Monday, June 25, 2007
Mensa Stands For?
Tim is convinced our daughter is a genius. He saw a story on the news about a 2-year-old with a 152 IQ (I call b.s. if you ask me) and she is now a member of Mensa. They noted characteristics of geniuses and, of course, Sophie fits these characteristics quite perfectly according to Tim. I told Tim I'm not sure we're capable of producing a genius, especially considering although we know what Mensa is, we don't know what the actual name "Mensa" means. Is it an acronym? Was there a really smart guy named Mensa that started this whole group? Really, in all honesty, what is Mensa? (Please note I have since studied up on Mensa and do not need comments on the origin of Mensa. Thanks though.) Maybe a lot of parents hope their child is a genius, but I'm not so sure. I'm thinking well-above-average is a good place. Lots of pressure comes along with being a genius and I'm not so sure I can handle that. Forget Sophie, that would stress ME out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I saw that also, and I am testing Naomi as I write this- she is getting grilled on numbers/colors/reading...I think being a genius is overrated!
Screw Mensa. Take her out for some more fun on the golf course. In today's world, golf is a critical business skill in any industry thus, she must be prepared.
I don't know if I would want a kid smarter than me. I mean then I would feel really dumb all the time.
Post a Comment