Monday, June 4, 2007

Say Aaaahhhhh!

Sorry Noah, but did you not get the memo? Solids are just around the corner for you. You are constantly hungry and never feel full enough, so we have decided to try the solids a little earlier.
I think Noah is slowly beginning to tower over Sophie. It's a little awkward having such a big baby and people probably wondering why he's not walking and talking, or even sitting up for that matter. I decided to try and start the rice cereal a little early with him. The kid eats like a football player and is constantly giving me the evil eye when he's not being fed. We waited until Sophie was six months before we started with her, but he's close to five months and is seeming ready.

Funny how things change with your second child. I'm a little more relaxed with Noah now. With Sophie, this type of decision would have required a phone conference with my doctor, three references from professional journals, and a personal consultation with every mother I know. Don't worry, I still fret about Sophie's new experiences and milestones and question whether or not I know what I'm doing. But with Noah, decisions aren't as calculated and researched, and I'm just not losing as much sleep over it.

1 comment:

The Monroes said...

He is so darn cute, I am not sure he is happy about that cereal!