I've held hundreds of conferences with parents, ran meetings with the PTSA, given presentations to parents about "how to be an involved, yet not an overbearing parent," but talk to me about attending my own child's conference and I get weak in the knees and start looking for the nearest can to puke in.
Today was Noah's very first parent-teacher conference (yes, even in pre-school) and I was extremely nervous. I shared this feeling with my husband who then got so annoyed with me he started to get anxious himself. We arrive just in time to have to wait (ugghh) because God forbid I am one second late to my slotted 15 minute conference. And when they say 15 minutes, they really mean it....not one second more. And if you're late....then tough cookies.
Once again, I was fretting over nothing. I was delighted to hear how well Noah is doing and was so glad someone else confirmed that he is a GENIUS. Okay, maybe the teacher didn't say that, but I most certainly walked away with that belief. I guess it's not that hard in pre-school......follow directions, clean up, listen during circle time, play nicely with others, recognize a few shapes and colors = super genius. And in this case, my little Noah! Tim and I walked away feeling very blessed knowing we have a happy and thriving son. We celebrated this evening with an ice cream cone! Great job, Noah!
5 comments:
omg you are already making me anxious.. I am going to read to him!
Congratulations Noah! Good Job.
Congratulations Cheryl & Tim for surviving! Good Job :-)
Oh yeah, congratulations Cheryl...on completing your 40TH post of 2011....good job!!!!! (hope you don't sense any unintended sarcasm there...really...just so glad to see something new posted I thought I should give you a pat on the back...really)
Well, if it makes you feel better, there was never any doubt in my mind that he would receive nothing other than an EXCELLENT report!
that was supposed to be 4th post...how did that happen? I guess that's what I get for being a.....
Post a Comment