Monday, September 28, 2009

What is it going to take?

I'm going to take a moment and complain about my wonderful, amazing husband whom I love and adore. Feel free to ignore this post if it's going to be too hard to handle ;).....I have learned when talking with Tim, there are often two conversations going on at all times....the conversation he has in his head and the actual conversation that happens between him and the other person. He is the first to acknowledge he doesn't have the best memory, but yet he's never ever wrong when I recall previous conversations. He will swear up and down he said something or told me something, when I know for a fact he didn't. For example, Tim acted surprised that I was taking Friday off and my sister was going to as well (she was coming into town for my birthday, which was already established earlier in the week.....or so I think). I mentioned to him that we had this conversation while chatting online and he gets so fired up and tells me I never told him. He has no issue with it, he just wants to make sure I am aware I did not tell him about it. I am in shock because I recall the conversation exactly because I mentioned I wanted to take the day off on Friday and Tim actually contemplated the idea of taking a day off himself (which NEVER EVER HAPPENS...seriously, it doesn't). I knew I had this conversation somewhere in my e-mail, so I challenge him and said I have actual proof. Of course, Tim steps up to the challenge and I show him our previous chat:

Tim: Que pasa
me: nothing
don't want to work
i think i'm going to take a day off on friday
Tim: Me too
me: so is michelle
Tim: Ok
me: let's do something
The conversation continues as such as we discuss what we can do on our day off and when Michelle is coming into town, etc. Tim reads this over, looks me in the eye, and says, "This doesn't say anything." I look back to make sure I actually pulled up the correct chat. My eyes are about to pop out of my head I am so shocked by his response! What is it going to take for him to admit he's wrong??? Tim can take a chat like the one above and come up with a completely different interpretation. I was in such awe of his ability to twist this around that I couldn't even get mad at him. He never ceases to amaze me.

7 comments:

Lori said...

OMG....I love that kid for all the humor he brings into my life and I love you for putting it in print!!! I am laughing so hard I have tears streaming down my face. Cheryl, you hit the nail on the head (2 conversations going on at at once)...hilarious post!

Tim Youngberg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim Youngberg said...

so we're cool?

The Monroes said...

Hi Tim, meet OTHER Tim... the one that has conversations with people and does not remember. I love it.
And YES Tim, it totally sounds like you guys are all cool now. Maybe toss in a massage, some vino and then a babysitter and she will be cool.

caxline said...

I am so happy that someone else communicates via email and then saves and prints to remind said other person of the conversation. It has absolutely made my day to know I am not crazy!

The Wright's said...

This is all only to prove that Tim is his Bubba's grandson! Bubba would always take the opposing side even it meant he was on the "wrong" side! It's in the Italian bloodline - just ask me or one of my sisters - although they do go a little overboard!

Lori said...

That's simply not true...I have no idea what you are talking about!