Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Best Wake-up Call

At least a few mornings a week, Sophie hears Tim getting ready to leave for work (around 4:30 am). Typically, she'll watch him leave from the driveway and then she comes into our room and asks if she can lay with me. Usually, I just let out a moan and pat the bed as a cue for her to join me. She'll fall back asleep and we wake up together. As of late, and probably because her 4th birthday is upon us, I've been really taking the time to enjoy these mornings with my little Sophie. I know there will be a day when I will have to drag her out of bed to go to school, but until then, I am loving the morning hours I get to spend cuddling with her. She didn't come into my room the other day and a part of me was almost sad....and tempted to go in her room! It always surprises me how I am so tired at the end of the day that I am just so ready to put the kids to bed....and yet every morning, I am anxious for them to rise....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Reading this touched my heart...I can see her watching her Daddy leave in the morning and jumping down from her bed to go get next to Mommy! Cherish the time...they grow up so fast.

The Monroes said...

That is very sweet and so true, I can hardly believe she will be 4 tomorrow? That just doesn't seem right. Enjoy the snuggles and I will use this as a reminder to me to enjoy the same things!

The Quisenberrys said...

Precious! I look forward to stormy nights. Bryce is allowed to come sleep in Mom and Daddy's bed when there is a storm going on! Love your post!