Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Duck and Cover!!!....or Just Sit There
We just experienced a 5.6 magnitude earthquake. To put things in perspective, the 1989 quake registered at a 6.9. So, it was a pretty good shaker, but no damages around us or in the surrounding area. The house shook like crazy and it was the longest 20 seconds ever, but Noah and Sophie didn't even wake up and I realized everything I learned to do in an earthquake totally went out the door when it actually happened. Duck and cover didn't even cross my mind. Grabbing Noah and Sophie and running like hell (where? I don't know) was more like my frame of mind at the moment. So, back to making sure all the emergency supplies are in place and reviewing the "plan" is back on the agenda. Between the earthquake and my potentially lost blog....I'm wiped out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad everyone was safe!
What the heck is going on out there? I am not sure I want to move now....
glad everyone is A-OK and you still have your emergency plan floating around up there with all those other random thoughts ;)
I HATE easthquakes - so instead I stay in the land of tornadoes, hail, rainstorms, etc. I am the biggest pansy in earthquakes - I used to sleep with my gramdma for a week afer we had one. She never said no when I tapped her shoulder and asked if I could come to bed with her. One never knew 20 seconds could be so long...
I'm glad to hear that everything is okay. Boy, California these days is dangerous.
Post a Comment