Wednesday, November 10, 2010

That kind of day

Let's just say I have a beer in my hand (thanks for leaving some Sam Adams for me, Mike), pizza in the oven, a rented a movie for the kids on TV, and am basking in what I hope is just a little bit of silence at the end of the day. Yes, it's been that kind of day. The kind where your husband has a late meeting and you have two kids jumping off the wall at home. Or the kind where you look at the clock and it says 11:30 am instead of 7:00 pm. The kind of day that requires a beer in my hand, pizza in the oven, and a movie to zone the kids out. But then I realize I have a four-day weekend ahead of me......and a smile comes over me. Yeah.....not one ounce of guilt over this one. I think I'll have another.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy yourself!

The Wright's said...

Have one for me too!

Alexis said...

That sounds like the perfect solution to that type of day!