Saturday, October 16, 2010

Passive Aggression....and then some

I'm not quite sure what is going on with Tim's paranoia, but he seems to think I am out to GET him. Maybe he's working way too much and his exhaustion and delirium are catching up to him. Anyway, we took a trip to Reno the previous weekend and did a lot of shopping while there. Earlier in the week, Tim asked me if I saw a shopping bag with two VERY IMPORTANT ITEMS (according to Tim, very important = leather conditioner for his shoes and hair gel....freaking hair gel). Anyway, I told him I do remember bringing it in, but I don't know where it is. I assumed it would show up sooner or later and didn't really worry about it. Apparently, I didn't realize how important these items were. Tim searched the house a dozen times and never found it. I did a quick scan and didn't see it either. A couple of days later, of all places, I found it in Noah's room. All was good with the world......so I thought.

Cue to today, an entire week later....and I am getting ready this morning. I decide to put on my usual uniform for the weekend (yoga pants and t-shirt) and remembered I had purchased a new pair of yoga pants and Nevada Wolf Pack shirts while in Reno the weekend prior. I couldn't recall bringing them in or seeing them in the last week, so my search began. Searched everywhere, including the garage and Tim's closet.....I was two seconds away from calling my parents to see if I had left them there and Tim ends up calling me to check in for the morning. I ask him if he had seen my clothes I bought from Reno. With a slight hesitation, he told me to look in his nightstand drawer. What the heck? Why in the world would they be in his nightstand drawer? Who would put them THERE? When I inquired....Tim giggled and said he was holding them HOSTAGE until I gave in and told him where his leather conditioner and hair gel was. Because he thought I was purposely hiding them from him. Purposely. Hair gel. Leather conditioner. Because I have nothing better to do than HIDE HIS SH*&.

This, fellow readers, is a classic example of passive aggression. Tim better watch it....I just might park his truck around the block one day ;)

8 comments:

Lori said...

LMAO....this HAS to be your number one post of all time (regarding your husband)and yes, it does qualify for payback. Vengeance no...but payback (there is a slight difference, one is mean and the other is all in good fun). I still haven't let Mike live down the time he hounded me for months because his favorite golf shirt came up missing. He found it a YEAR later while digging through his golf bag.

The Wright's said...

OMG - I laughed my butt off! I needed a good laugh! I can just see the look on Tim's face when he's telling you what he did - what a stinker! I'd not only park his truck on another block I'd make sure his leather cleaner and hair gel where in the truck also!

The Monroes said...

If I were you, I would switch out the hair gel WITH the leather cleaner..that'll teach him to mess with you! Oh and did you steal my uniform? Hilarious- you two are meant for one another, and CP don't act like PRODUCT is not a big deal...I won't even go there.

caxline said...

too funny...matt does that to me all the time. says he is teaching me a lesson for leaving my stuff out. I don't even look anymore...I just wait until I can get the location out of him.

Lindy & Trever said...

Too funny! Trever is always accusing me of throwing things away. I throw away one thing (by accident) and he thinks I throw everything away. Ai yi yi!

OSU 98 said...

Ten fold, CP, ten fold. :) I can't wait to hear the next part of the story.

karen said...

Not sure if you are aware but I have been reading your blog since the beginning. (Lori turned me on to it)
I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your stories.. they are great and you are a talented writer.

Anyway. I thought my husband was the only one that played these kind of games... My husband lost the extra key to my car recently. (He is the ONLY person who uses it since there are only 2 of us home now). He ranted and raved about how I must have lost the key because he ALWAYS puts it back on the hook. Well a month later he found it, on top of a TALL book shelf that I can't possibly reach... Now he is blaming the Cat, yes the cat... because he couldn't have possibly have done it...UURRRR..Must be a gender thing

Alexis said...

You guys are too funny! Maybe you should try taking his putter out of his bag when he leaves for golf the next time. Have you ever tried to putt with a seven iron? I enjoyed the story....thank you!