Monday, October 13, 2008

NKOTB For Life

I'd like to take all of us back to 1989, approximately the time I convinced myself I was going to marry Joey McIntyre. I thought we were destined to meet and at the time he was sooo much older than me, but it didn't matter....we would figure out a way for him to get beyond the fact that I was 12 and he was 17. I knew everything about him....or at least got the latest scoop from my favorite magazines, Teen Beat and Bop. Well, on October 10th, I revisited those days and I will gladly say I'm still smiling!

For my birthday, I was treated to this concert last Friday night and we had the best time EVER! I didn't care that I was among thousands of other 30-something women dancing and singing along to songs like "Step by Step" and "Please Don't Go Girl." For one night, I wasn't glued to the news watching our entire economy fall apart. I wasn't dealing with two hyper kids zapping every ounce of energy out of me. I wasn't griping about the amount of money I just spent to fill up my SUV or the cost of milk at my local Safeway. I wasn't at home checking my work e-mail out of fear that I forgot to follow up on an issue. For one night, I was able to put that aside and take myself back to a time when perfecting the side ponytail and finding the perfect jeans for pegging were tops on my priority list. I sang, I screamed, I had fun with people I care about, and I walked away fully entertained and energized. Thanks for such a great night Michelle and Julie!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This post is really funny...and it made me feel REALLY old, especially since I have NO idea which one you are talking about and I have no idea what pegging is. I also found the side pony tail hilarious. Any chance you can demonstrate for me next time I am in CA??

The Monroes said...

I am dying, I totally remember my friends having their posters in their rooms (I was only worried about the "hot guy" on Life Goes On in those days, so I didn't jump on the NKOTB ride) I did however peg those jeans, banana clip that hair and sing their songs! What a great time and wonderful gift (a memory filled, relaxing and fun night- perfect!)

caxline said...

I had no idea they were already touring! That's talent for you...they just got back together!

OSU 98 said...

I was a huge New Kids fan...please tell me you were pegging your jeans above just the right pair of LA Gear high tops???

Alexis said...

They were just in Cleveland last week. I heard it was a great show. What a great gift. I'm sure you had fun.

The Scotts said...

I loved Jonathan!!! And no Nicole, it wasn't LA Gears, they were the Reeboks with the straps!